Monday, October 27, 2014

Rest & Recovery: 6 days until the NY marathon



Ok, this looks worse than it really is.  I am practicing taping my legs with kinseology tape (I use Mummy Tape), plus I am covered in compression shin sleeves, a knee brace with ceramic particles (to bring heat and blood flow to my knee), and plantar fasciitis boots.  This was last night as I lay in bed.  Poor Izzy, he is a sport to put up with all of this.

This was preventative.  I don't currently have a PF issue, just trying to keep my Achilles healthy and long.  My knees were ok for a very conservative 5 mile run last night.

Today, I feel exhausted.  I didn't sleep well last night, plus a loud noise woke me up at 2:30 am.  If I can remember, I will take my resting heart rate in the morning.  If it is elevated, this is an indication that I may be overtrained or about to get sick.  

I said I was going to foam roll every morning and every night.  But I didn't wake up early enough this morning, and I was too exhausted all day.  The most important thing that I can do right now is rest and don't get sick.

I am supposed to run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Friday is an optional flex or short running day.  At this point, I am just going to do what feels good.  Friday will be carbo-loading/pasta.  Saturday is for resting and preparing.  At some point I will visit the Marathon Expo to pick up my number.

OMG.

Still don't know what I will wear, but piecing it together in my head.  

I downloaded the app today.  Follow me, I'm bib #65690.


No comments:

Post a Comment