Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Planning for the marathon


I am in taper mode, so only running enough to keep loose and maintain fitness.  If you've been following along, I missed some training due to a knee injury.  The week before the marathon for me is actually being used to get back into running.  This year I had ann ankle injury that prevented me from running for the last 2 weeks before the Brooklyn Half and I PR'ed big time.  So there is an advantage to being rested and building up your glycogen.  At this point, I've put in my time and I'm not going to turn it around just by working really hard in the last week.  Even worse, I could injury myself which would make for a miserable marathon day.  (Or no marathon day.)

I've been planning and ordering my final items on Amazon, and testing items out.  I ran with my first ever arm warmers tonight.  They were not as life changing as I thought that they would be. 

I ran 2.55 miles tonight with Landon, my chiweenie.  He is an amazing runner.  He has great posture and form.  His muscles are really defined.  I'm so proud of him.  Plus tonight I could tell he really enjoyed it.  After all that running, couldn't believe that he was in the mood tonight with Irene.  :P

Tomorrow night I'm supposed to run 3 miles, and then 5 miles on Thursday.  I think that I will go to the expo at the Javitz on Friday after work.  Or I might go Saturday, but I want to avoid coming to the city and also that should be a day of rest.

Friday/Saturday I will make sure that I will do laundry if needed and start charging devices and gathering supplies.  I mom getting some really great tips, and I keep ordering additional items on Amazon.

Feeling tired but making multiple trips to Organic Avenue.

Note to self: drink more water

No comments:

Post a Comment